Dr Andrew Ross showcases the Bald Eagles who visit the large evergreen tree between the condo building and the Oak Bay Beach Hotel (2018).
TELUS are planning to pull the fibre into the Hampshire House electric room on the second floor. The underground path is now confirmed to be clear and no “digging” will be needed.
- Fibre is run to each unit not just the building. This once in lifetime FREE infrastructure significantly adds to each unit’s value.
- Each fibre is a single hair width. The fibre will be hidden in a grout strip running along the molding on each floor.
- In summary, the infrastructure upgrade will be free for the Hampshire House property owners (100% paid for by TELUS) and will more than double internet speeds, provide HD TV options, and improve phone services. The plan is to bring fibre optic service to every unit so that each unit will be future proofed with the latest high speed technology. Above the door of each unit, a small box will be attached.
- When any unit owners decide to take TELUS services (now or in the future), TELUS will run the fiber into the unit and onto the TV area.
- The TELUS modem by the TV will also provide TV wirelessly to every room. It will also bring Internet and phone to every room.
- Unit Owners can :
- keep their existing Shaw modems and Shaw service level. No changes.
- move to Telus using standard Telus packages at the time.
We are in negotiation with Telus to get a special package offer for the group.
I will use this mailing list (and this website) to keep owners and residents updated on the TELUS package negotiations which have started. Please let your new friends know if you think they might not be on the mailing list.
The latest email is here : http://mailchi.mp/bc133a5b1925/telus-fibre-at-hampshire-house
- All best links are on this website – top horizontal menu :
- Hampshire House own Emergency procedure : http://1159beach.com/emergency-procedure/
- Latest community and BC newsfeeds (Twitter) : http://1159beach.com/emergency-news-feeds/
- Emergency Info BC :https://www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/
- Earthquakes Canada : http://www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/index-en.php
First warning for Liz and me came by a call from our pilot son Duncan in London; then our daughter Caitlin called after “big news” of Pacific Tsunami on SKY TV.
Our own “Oak Bay Locals” Facebook Page and Twitter were brilliant. With such a long lead time we called Hotel to get OK to meet there if water height at Port Alberni was > 5 meters.
1:40 am :
Alerts for: Greater Victoria
1:40 AM PST Tuesday 23 January 2018
Tsunami warning in effect for:
For those who were up and following the “imminent arrival” (2 hour warning) it was a good “wake up call”.
Some learnings for me :
1) get our condo building to install manual “alarm”. Maybe manual trigger to fire alarm or sump pump alarm. Turns out our neighbour slept through it, and we would have had no idea she was in her unit.
2) revisit the condo evacuation procedures .
3) Big Thanks to overnight concierge at Oak Bay Beach Hotel who (on phone) was most supportive and welcoming – although we never went there in the end.
South Oak Bay construction site sheep shenanigans is entertaining neighbours. Tess van Straaten has more on the animal antics.
“It’s just such a beautiful place along the waterfront here and Johnny Cash just loves watching the birds,” says Ross.
But it wasn’t the wildlife that caught Ross’ attention recently — it was farm animals.
Thought this photo might be appropriate for next years Remembrance day. It was taken the day after at Queens’ Park. What looks like a poppy is a leaf, but the Black Turnstones look as if they are standing guard, around it. It has NOT been “photo shopped”, just in the right place at the right time with a camera. Andrew.
See Dr. Andrew Ross’s album from this morning – the seals on Harris Island.
A photo of Mrs. Rockie Raccoon and her two new babies. Taken at 7.00pm yesterday close to the big garbage bin. There have been some recent reports from the lower mainland of raccoons attacking humans and dogs. They may be cute and cuddly but they can be vicious, particularly if they have a young one, and it looks as if this is the case.
Will be walking Johnny Cash on Sunday afternoon if you are interested. Andrew Ross.
at Windsor Park. Stinger found after careful search by Dr. Ross. Removed successfully.